Set in the Idyllic grounds of Anna Pavlova’s Estate, five minutes walk from Golders Green Station, the King Alfred Phoenix is a multi-purpose space offering flexible facilities for theatre, conferences, workshops and rehearsal space.
The theatre was originally built in the sixties as part of the New College of Speech and Drama and has seen performances from such luminaries as Sir Ralph Richardson, Dame Peggy Ashcroft, Peter Sellers and Dame Helen Mirren. Now fully refurbished with state of the art lighting, sound and audio-visual equipment, the Phoenix is all set to move into the future and continue to produce, startling, innovative and dynamic work.
Photographer: Ivan Berg
Peter Pan: Tilak Patel
Wendy: Jessica Taylor
Nana: Tim Solomons
Liza: Judith Lord
Tinker Bell: Emily Hill
John: Rebecca Hill
Michael: Sara Ashlea
Hook: Andy Farrer
Smee: Tim Solomons
Starkey: Sarah Boden
Mr Darling: Alan Gelfer
Mrs Darling: Jemma Vernon
Tiger Lily: Ebony Aboagye
10 great reasons to join NOW!!!
- You get to take part in up to 5 full productions a year, front or backstage.
- You get experience of working in a variety of venues, from a small studio theatre to a large proscenium theatre and, in the summer, in the Little Wood open air arena.
- Our shows have won many awards, but that’s not the only reason we produce them; we also like to let new people have a chance to try out and acquire skills.
- With over 200 members, it’s a great way to meet a bunch of friendly people with no ‘luvvy’ pretensions.
- You get a free ticket to every show we perform – worth about £55 a year (beats the West End prices!)
- We are a charity – every penny we make goes back into the society for our events and productions.
- You get free attendance to rehearsed and unrehearsed play readings, allowing you to hear shows you may not experience anywhere else.
- Kids and teenagers get to perform in the February show, and of course, help us out backstage with productions.
- We have showcased many new authors’ work in our schedules, including some plays by members.
- We hold regular social events and to keep you in touch with what’s happening, you will receive regular newsletters and email news bulletins.
There are four categories of membership of the Garden Suburb Theatre:
Active: This costs £60 and allows you take part in all activities including acting and directing and entitles you to a free ticket for each production.You will also receive our regular newsletter.
Concession: This costs £40 and gives you all the benefits of full membership with a reduction in cost for senior citizens, young people 12-18, full-time students and unwaged people.
Friend: This costs £35 and entitles you to a free ticket for each production (giving a saving over normal ticket prices over the year) and to attend social events. You will also receive our regular newsletter.
Family: Costs £120 all has all the benefits of full membership for a family of one or two adults and all children under 18.
Well done to the team from A Woman of No Importance who won four awards at the Barnies (Barnet and District Drama Festival) this evening – Runner up best production, Toby Toop as best actor, Libby Curley as best supporting actress and best costumes.