10 great reasons to join NOW!!!
- You get to take part in up to 5 full productions a year, front or backstage.
- You get experience of working in a variety of venues, from a small studio theatre to a large proscenium theatre and, in the summer, in the Little Wood open air arena.
- Our shows have won many awards, but that’s not the only reason we produce them; we also like to let new people have a chance to try out and acquire skills.
- With over 200 members, it’s a great way to meet a bunch of friendly people with no ‘luvvy’ pretensions.
- You get a free ticket to every show we perform – worth about £55 a year (beats the West End prices!)
- We are a charity – every penny we make goes back into the society for our events and productions.
- You get free attendance to rehearsed and unrehearsed play readings, allowing you to hear shows you may not experience anywhere else.
- Kids and teenagers get to perform in the February show, and of course, help us out backstage with productions.
- We have showcased many new authors’ work in our schedules, including some plays by members.
- We hold regular social events and to keep you in touch with what’s happening, you will receive regular newsletters and email news bulletins.
There are four categories of membership of the Garden Suburb Theatre:
Active: This costs £60 and allows you take part in all activities including acting and directing and entitles you to a free ticket for each production.You will also receive our regular newsletter.
Concession: This costs £40 and gives you all the benefits of full membership with a reduction in cost for senior citizens, young people 12-18, full-time students and unwaged people.
Friend: This costs £35 and entitles you to a free ticket for each production (giving a saving over normal ticket prices over the year) and to attend social events. You will also receive our regular newsletter.
Family: Costs £120 all has all the benefits of full membership for a family of one or two adults and all children under 18.
Children’s show only: Children’s show only (£40) – children may participate in the children’s show, and parents will be allowed tickets for themselves for one performance of the children’s show only. Membership and free tickets are not transferable to other shows during the season.